Nā ‘Ohana O Nā Hui Wa‘a
E Komo Mai
2013 Regatta Season
Regatta season is upon us. This Saturday marks the start of the 2013 season with Kalihi Kai’s regatta scheduled for Ke‘ehi Lagoon. Please note that we are now racing 41 events with the inclusion of event 26, Mixed 45s, and 27, Mixed 60s.
2013 Draft Race Rules
We have posted for review a draft of the revised Race Rules for 2013. After review the final Race Rules will be posted.
2013 Distance Races
Final Stats March 30
He‘eia Kea Challenge
Results April 6
Results April 13
Results April 20
Results April 27
Results May 4
Results May 11
Results May 18
Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively for the following purposes:
- To maintain and perpetuate Hawaiian culture through the promotion of Hawaiian water sports;
- To teach, train, instruct, and expose children, men and women in the ancient art, craft and history of Hawaiian canoeing;
- To provide means and facilities for activities tending to foster the development and maintenance of strong and healthy minds, bodies and spirits among all people;
- To provide opportunities for the interaction and communion of people in the interest of mental and social well-being; and
- To promote international canoe racing competition. Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively as a social welfare organization engaged in the promotion of an amateur sport, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.