Nā ‘Ohana O Nā Hui Wa‘a
E Komo Mai
2013 Regatta Season
We have posted for review a draft of the revised Race Rules for 2013. After review the final Race Rules will be posted.
Saturday, August 3, HCRA States were held at Hanalei Bay on the Garden Island of Kaua‘i.
Hawaiian Canoe Club won the AAAA Division and the overall regatta with 351 points, with OHCRA champ Hui Nalu coming second with 327.
Waikiki Beach Boys came fourth in the AAA Division, and swept all four Women’s classified races. Congratulations Beach Boys!
Congratulations to Manu O Ke Kai and Kamehameha for finishing third in their divisions, AA and A, respectively.
Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively for the following purposes:
- To maintain and perpetuate Hawaiian culture through the promotion of Hawaiian water sports;
- To teach, train, instruct, and expose children, men and women in the ancient art, craft and history of Hawaiian canoeing;
- To provide means and facilities for activities tending to foster the development and maintenance of strong and healthy minds, bodies and spirits among all people;
- To provide opportunities for the interaction and communion of people in the interest of mental and social well-being; and
- To promote international canoe racing competition. Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively as a social welfare organization engaged in the promotion of an amateur sport, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.